Within the framework of the Swiss-European Mobility Programme (SEMP), it is also possible to receive a mobility grant for a stay outside Europe - SEMP worldwide.
Thanks to this extension, it is possible to receive a SEMP scholarship for certain partner universities of the University of Fribourg.
If you apply for a study exchange at one of the selected partner universities, this will give you the opportunity to receive a SEMP worldwide scholarship.
Each academic year the SEMP worldwide Scholarships are re-published and the partner universities and selection criteria are redefined.
The number of SEMP worldwide scholarships is limited. If the number of applications exceeds the number of scholarships available, students will be contacted after 31 October. A selection procedure will then decide on the allocation of the scholarship.
The mobility grant is financed by the Swiss Confederation. It consists of allowances for the additional costs incurred by the stay at a SEMP host university abroad (travel costs, language courses, etc.).
The monthly amount of a mobility grant for the academic year 2023/24 is CHF 500.
If the course period - not counting preparatory courses before the semester or the examination period afterwards - is 3 months and one day or more, then the student∙e entitled to a 5-month package: CHF 2500.-.
Payment is made in two instalments:
- The first instalment (80% of the total scholarship amount) is paid at the beginning of the semester, provided that the scholarship contract and the study contract have been submitted.
- The remaining amount is paid after submission of the final report to the International Relations Office (IRO). The final report must be uploaded to MyUnifr within 30 days after the end of the mobility stay.
The conditions for obtaining the SEMP 2023/24 scholarship:
- The minimum duration of an exchange stay is 60 days.
- Submit the scholarship contract and the study contract to the International Relations Office before the start of your mobility stay, at the latest 5 weeks after the start of the semester at the host university.
- Attend the courses at the host university as indicated on the study contract and pass the majority of the exams. If this is not possible, the International Relations Office of Unifr must be informed and the reasons must be given.
- The final report must be submitted after the stay.
- The SEMP grant is paid for physical mobility in the host country. A Virtual Mobility is not financially supported. For a Blended Mobility please contact the International Relations Office.
Selected partner universities for a SEMP scholarship 2023/24