Freemover out

Have you been unable to find a partner university that suits you in your field of study under an exchange programme or exchange agreement? In that case you can take up a mobility placement as a freemover.

These mobility placements, which take place irrespective of any exchange programme or exchange agreement, are not organised by the International Relations Office.  It is up to the student solely to organise and fund the placement.

  • Contact the host university to find out how to apply and the related costs
  • Obtain the consent of your department to study as a freemover. Draw up a study contract listing the courses you wish to take during your placement and have it signed by your academic advisor. This document serves as the guarantee of having the credits obtained during your placement recognised.

The Swiss universities website provides information on various funding opportunities: