Swiss Mobility programme
The Swiss Mobility programme allows students from Swiss universities to study for 1 or 2 semesters at the University of Fribourg (Unifr).
Your home university must nominate you to the International Relations Office of Unifr.
If you only wish to follow part of the course at Unifr, you should register as a "Guest student: complementary studies".
Applications and deadlines
Once the International Relations Office has received the official nomination from your home university, a link is sent to your personal email address. We invite you to follow this link to submit your application online.
- For the autumn semester: 31 May
- For the spring semester: 31 December.
You must submit the following documents (in Word or PDF format) with your application:
- Signed application form (summing up the online application)
- Study contract - your projected study plan
- Prepare your stay
- Your studies in Fribourg
End of placement
When your placement is drawing to a close, we would hope that you will have made the most of it and found it an unforgettable experience.
Before you leave, do not forget the following.
At the University of Fribourg:
- Mobility students must send their record of studies (carnet d'études) by email to the International Relations Office to obtain their transcript of records.
- Students on the Swiss Mobility programme are not required to keep a record of their studies. They should enquire at the Dean's Office of their faculty to have a certificate of grades drawn up.
- You must fill in the "final report" form sent by the International Relations Office. Use this opportunity to let us know how we can make things even better for future exchange students.
Your rental guarantee (deposit) may not be refunded in full in the case of damage or insufficient cleaning. Please clean your room and the communal areas regularly and make sure they are clean when you hand in your keys
Close the bank or postal account you opened on arrival.
Feel free to let others know about your mobility exchange, whether during your stay abroad or on your return, through a blog, on social media, when meeting other students, etc. Your international experience is rich from the academic, personal and social point of view. Give others the benefit of it! Don't forget to tag @unifr_international in your photos! Use hashtag #unifrinternational.