Admission as a visiting student for complementary studies
Any person registered at another Swiss institute of higher education may attend a limited number of courses at the UniFR as a visiting student for complementary studies. In this case, he/she can validate credits by handing in written papers or by taking exams.
- The status of a visiting student for complementary studies is granted for a maximum of two semesters. An extension may, however, be obtained with the Faculty’s consent.
- The application for admission is only valid for one semester; a new online application must therefore be submitted for each additional semester.
Visiting students for complementary studies do not pay semester fees at the UniFR.
1. Consulting the course offerings
Details of courses on offer can be found online. Should you have any questions, please contact the Studies Information Office (email@example.com), as the Office for Admissions cannot provide course information or advise you on your choice of course.
2. Online application deadlines
Once you have made your choice of studies, please register online within the following deadlines:
- Autumn semester:
1 March - 30 September
- Spring semester:
1 October - 28 Februar
No exception can be made regarding a change of deadline.
3. Online application
Online application on Inscruni
The validation of the online application for admission must be done within the deadlines given in section 2.
4. Uploading your registration certificate and receiving a confirmation
Once the online application validated, you will have to provide a registration certificate from your home institute of higher education for the semester you wish to be registered. Please upload this document on Inscruni (PDF).
Once this document received, your application for admission will be processed and a written decision will be sent to you.
5. After the admission
- Autumn semester:
If you are currently registered as a student at the UniFR and have an active MyUnifr account, you mustn’t submit your application on Inscruni. You have to submit your request on the MyUnifr portal.