Admission as a visiting student for minor studies
A person registered at another Swiss institute of higher education can undertake his/her minor studies at the UniFR if both of the following conditions are met:
- The home institute of higher education does not offer the chosen field.
- The deans’ offices of the faculties concerned at the Unifr and at your home university have given their approval.
In this case, visiting students for minor studies can validate credits by handing in written papers or by taking exams.
Visiting students for minor studies do not pay semester fees at the Unifr.
1. Consulting the course offerings
2. Online application deadlines
Once you have made your choice of studies, please register online within the following deadlines:
- Autumn semester:
1 March - 30 September
- Spring semester:
1 October - 28 Februar
No exception can be made regarding a change of deadline.
3. Confirmation from the home institute of higher education
To be able to study at the University of Fribourg as a visiting student for minor studies, you need a written confirmation/authorisation from your home institute of higher education. Please get hold of this document before registering online.
4. Online application
5. Uploading the documents and receiving a confirmation
Once the online application validated, you will have to provide the following documents:
- Written confirmation from your home institute of higher education
- Registration certificate from your home institute of higher education for the semester you wish to register
Please upload these documents on Inscruni (PDF). Once the documents received, your application for admission will be processed and a written decision will be sent to you.
- Autumn semester:
If you are currently registered as a student at the Unifr and have an active MyUnifr account, you mustn’t submit your application on Inscruni. You have to submit your request on the MyUnifr portal.