The BeNeFri network, as the result of the collaboration between the Universities of Bern, Neuchâtel and Fribourg, allows you to attend courses at both partner universities. This way, you have the opportunity to follow a wide-range of courses and to discover student life at another university.
Registration to the BeNeFri network is possible for study fields mentioned in the annex to the framework convention.
For further information (study fields, courses, recognitions, etc.), please contact the faculty involved.
Registration requests to BeNeFri courses must be submitted on the MyUnifr portal within the following deadlines:
- Autumn semester: 30 September
- Spring semester: 28 February
Registrations are valid for one semester only. You will therefore have to reregister for each semester if you wish to remain registered with the BeNeFri network.
Students coming to Unifr:
- If you are registering for the first time at the University of Fribourg in the BeNeFri network (including re-registration after an interruption of a few semesters): you will receive an e-mail (@unibe.ch / @unine.ch) from the IT Services concerning the activation of your account.
- If you have already been registered at the University of Fribourg in the BeNeFri network for the previous semester: your e-account is on principle still active.
For any enquiries or requests relating to your e-account or its reactivation, please contact the student support Micromus.
Students attending Unibe or Unine:
The partner university is responsible for your electronic access.
Reimbursement of travel expenses
You can receive a reimbursement of your travel expenses by train between the three partner universities. To do so, please fill in the form and return it to the Office for Admissions and Registration by post or e-mail to email@example.com. Only full applications submitted within the following deadlines will be considered:
- Autumn semester: 31 January
- Spring semester: 30 June
You can benefit from the allowance only if you are registered with the BeNeFri network for the relevant semester.
The Unifr participates only in the reimbursement of train tickets according to the following criteria:
- Value of a 2nd class half-fare ticket
- Trips between Fribourg, Berne and Neuchâtel stations only
In case of at least 6 trips per semester the Unifr participates in the expenses of a half-fare travel card or a GA travel card upon presentation of the receipt; the SwissPass alone is not sufficient.
Each line of the form must be signed by hand by the professor teaching the course, thus attesting to your participation in the course. The use of digitised signatures will not be accepted without further proof of attendance or confirmation from the professor teaching the course.