Admission as a listener
Any person over the age of 18 can follow the courses of the University of Fribourg open to listeners.
Courses and restrictions
- Some courses, seminars or projects are not open to listeners. For more information, please check the course catalogue.
- If you are registered as a listener, you will receive an e-account. However, you are not able to validate ECTS credits and do not have access to the university’s infrastructure and services (media library, university sports, language courses, etc.).
Registration is open at all times. However, we strongly recommend that you register before the beginning or right at the beginning of the course, in order to be able to follow the entire lecture. Please note that the registration fees apply to a full semester and are therefore not available on a pro rata basis.
- Autumn semester 2020: 14 September 2019 – 18 December 2019
- Spring semester 2021: 22 February 2021 – 4 June 2021
Elder People’s University
"UNI 3" listeners have occasionally the opportunity to attend courses given by the University of Fribourg. Please note, however, that registrations must be made directly with the People’s University of the Canton of Fribourg and not with the University of Fribourg.
- Basic registration fee: CHF 30.-
- Course fee: + CHF 25.- per hour of course
Exception: if you are 65 years of age or more, you pay a fixed fee of CHF 55.- per semester and can attend an unrestricted number of courses.
If you have decided to take six hours of course a week during the semester, you will pay the following total registration fee:
Basic registration fee: CHF 30.-
Course fee: 6h à CHF 25.- = CHF 150.-
Total registration fee to be paid: CHF 180.-
At the end of the online registration, the total amount of the registration fee will have to be paid by credit card or with the invoice that will have been automatically generated.
Please check your data when registering online. After validation, your application cannot be changed nor cancelled, and there will be no refund of the registration fee.
I attended courses during the previous semester:
- If you took a course during the previous semester, you must not re-register online. You will automatically receive an invoice based on the number of course hours taken during the previous semester.
- If you wish to change the number of hours of course, please complete and return the form sent with your invoice.
- If you no longer wish to take courses at the University of Fribourg, you can ignore the invoice, which will automatically cancel your registration, or you can contact us to cancel your registration.
I did not take a course during the previous semester:
1. Consultation of the course catalogue
2. Online registration
3. Paying the registration fee
The registration fee can be paid directly by credit card or with the invoice that can be downloaded after validation of the registration.
4. After registration