Organisations offering work experience placements
Below, the University of Fribourg provides information on existing offers, but accepts no responsibility for the quality of the services offered by the different providers.
Interships with the EU
The European Commission also organises placements abroad with European Union institutions.
Full information on requirements, the application and selection procedure, etc., are available onthe Blue Book Traineeship website
- Interships in Europe
Interships outside Europe
- Asia Exchange
- Jobted: a job board with traineeships in several countries
- Long term placements in Russia, Belarus, Ukraine or Kyrgyzstan: SCI Suisse
Russian Ministry of Science and Education:
For foreign students - call for application for Bachelor, Master, PhD and Postdoc studies in Russia 2021-2022.
- The scholarship covers: tuition and visa fees, travel expenses, accommodation, health insurance and local transport.
- Duration: 2 to 12 months
- Deadline: 30 April 2021
- Place of submission: www.ined.ru
Other sources of information on placement aboard
The confederation has a facilitated procedure for issuing entry, stay or work permits, regardless of the labour market situation, for students wishing to do a work experience placement abroad (in the following countries: South Africa, Argentina, Australia, Canada, the USA, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, the Philippines, Russia and Ukraine)..
More information: State Secretariat for Migration
- Voluntary work abroad
Asia Industry Internships China
The Leading House ETH Zurich offers internship scholarship opportunities to bachelor/master students from Swiss universities and universities of applied sciences in collaboration with Route2China, an agency that matches Swiss students with Chinese companies.
- 1-6 month-internships at a Chinese company
- Matching: Route2China is in charge of matching the student with a Chinese company
- The Leading House ETH Zurich provides a scholarship to cover living allowance and international travel.
- Rolling call: early applications recommended
Detailed information on the opportunity and the application form are available on ETH Global website.