Application and deadline
The University of Fribourg (Unifr) has concluded exchange agreements with numerous foreign universities. These exchange agreements allow you to take up study placements of 1 or 2 semesters in those partner universities, all of which, except for some exceptions, fall outside the Swiss-European Mobility Programme (SEMP).
The basic conditions for taking part in a mobility programme are:
- You must have paid your registration fee and be enrolled at Unifr. You will be exempt from registration fees at your host university.
- You must have obtained at least 60 ECTS credits at the start of your mobility placement and fulfil the conditions of your faculty
- You must have the consent of your mobility coordinator/academic advisor.
- You must have sufficient language skills. Please refer to the terms of the host universities. Note: some universities demand official language tests (e.g.: TOEFL, IELTS, etc.).
- You must satisfy the specific requirements of the host university.
Within the framework of the Swiss-European Mobility Programme (SEMP), it is also possible to receive a mobility grant for a stay outside Europe - SEMP worldwide.
The Heyning-Roelli Foundation issues grants to talented, but financially weak Bachelor and Master students who are completing an exchange abroad.
For more information, visit the foundation’s website.
- Registration procedure
- Prepare your stay
- On the spot
End of stay
Validation of your credits
Ask your host university about obtaining your transcript of records. To have your credits recognised, ask your faculty or department.
All students must complete the experience report, which will be an invaluable source of information for future outgoing students.
Share your experience
Feel free to let others know about your mobility exchange, whether during your stay abroad or on your return, through a blog, on social media, when meeting other students, etc. Your international experience is rich from the academic, personal and social point of view. Give others the benefit of it! Don't forget to tag @unifr_international in your photos! Use hashtag #unifrinternational.