Application and deadlines
International Student Exchange Programs ISEP
With the ISEP Direct program you have the opportunity to study at a member university of your choice. There is no selection, but you must pay all the registration and study fees that are determined by each host university.
ISEP Exchange is also a paid program but a financial support is offered by the University of Fribourg. However, you must pass a selection because the number of places is limited and placement in the university of your first choice is not guaranteed.
For more information, please read the document below.
The basic conditions for taking part in a mobility programme are:
- You must have paid your registration fee and be enrolled at Unifr. You will be exempt from registration fees at your host university. (see special conditions with ISEP Direct)
- You must have obtained at least 60 ECTS credits at the start of your mobility placement and fulfil the conditions of your faculty
- You must have the consent of your mobility coordinator/academic advisor.
- You must have sufficient language skills. Please refer to the terms of the host universities. Note: some universities demand official language tests (e.g.: TOEFL, IELTS, etc.).
- You must satisfy the specific requirements of the host university.
- Registration process
- Prepare your stay
- On the spot
End of stay
Validation of your credits
Ask your host university about obtaining your transcript of records. To have your credits recognised, ask your faculty or department.
All students must complete the experience report, which will be an invaluable source of information for future outgoing students.
Share your experience
Feel free to let others know about your mobility exchange, whether during your stay abroad or on your return, through a blog, on social media, when meeting other students, etc. Your international experience is rich from the academic, personal and social point of view. Give others the benefit of it! Don't forget to tag @unifr_international in your photos! Use hashtag #unifrinternational.