Applications and deadlines


  1. Search for a partner university in the field you wish to study in. The placement may be in your major or minor field of study. However, if you wish to do your placement in your minor field of study, your choice of university will not be considered a priority if there are more applicants than places. Search engine
  2. Browse the courses on offer at partner universities on their web site. Make sure that they are compatible with those at Fribourg.
  3. Go to the "Mobility - Outgoing" tab on the MyUnifr portal to find out about the different steps you need to take before submitting a mobility application. MyUnifr
  4. Collect all the documents requested and fill in the mobility application online.
  5. Have the mobility application signed by your academic advisorand upload it to your MyunifrAcademic advisor MyUnifr
  6. Your application will then be processed by the respective office.


Applications from the Faculty of Law are processed by that faculty's Erasmus and International Relations Office (MIS 4060). Please consult its website: find out more

Applications from the other faculties are processed by the IRO.



  • Submission of your application online: 31 October for the following academic year
  • Submission of your application to the host university: differs according to the partner university (February to May for the autumn semester and February to October for the spring semester).