Welcome and Orientation Day
Regarding your arrival in Fribourg, please take into account the dates of the orientation sessions in the academic calendar that you can download on this page. Recommended date of arrival is 24 to 48 hours prior to the orientation day.
The participation to one of the session is mandatory for all incoming exchange students. The detailed program of this welcome and orientation day will be sent to you in July for the Fall semester and in January for the Spring semester.
At the welcome and orientation day, the IRO will give you your certificate of registration at the University.
This certificate enables you to register for the SPOMI. Please refer to the Residence Permit page.
You can also find this document on your MyUnifr portal.
After the welcome and orientation day, you will be able to go to the UNI-INFO office (MIS 10) to get your student card (Campus Card).
Your student card enables you to:
- Have an official status at the University of Fribourg (registered as a guest student)
- Make copies, eat at the Mensa or take coffees at the cafeteria (possibility to add money on your card)
- Have access to the different libraries of the University (library card): BCU (available only in French or German)
- Have access to the sport facilities (available only in French or German)
- Have discounts in cinemas, bookstores, ski resorts, public transports, some shops, etc.
Have access to the PubliBike (available only in French or German) service and hire bikes at several locations in the city.