Information for students
Courses are to be held by distance learning.
Teaching activities which cumulatively fulfil the following requirements may nevertheless (subject to more restrictive faculty regulations) be carried out on site:
- These are activities with a highly interactive character (such as seminars), work in laboratories or studios, or clinical practical work.
- The activity is a necessary part of the course or structured educational programme.
- On-site presence is required.
- The number of participants present on the spot at the same time must not exceed 20.
The provisions set out above apply analogously to the examinations. Otherwise, and insofar as they are in accordance with the guidelines on prevention, the Rectorate's guidelines of 12 October 2020 (in French) on the conduct of examinations and other proof of performance to be furnished shall be decisive for the examinations.
Please also consult, with regard to the exams, the faculties' websites:
The activities and services of the libraries are carried out and offered, with a special regime being set up which takes account of the rules and preventive measures as well as the distance requirements. Lending is possible in accordance with the conditions laid down by each library. Detailed and up-to-date information can be found on the library portal.
The university counters are generally open according to the regular schedule. For the current status and opening hours, please refer to the respective websites.
- Opening of the University buildings
In application of the decisions of the Federal Council and the Fribourg State Council, the services of the University Sports Service will be discontinued until further notice. For more information, please visit the website.
The fitness rooms of the university are closed.
Army and Civil Protection
Applications for leave of absence against the background of the Covid 19 pandemic due to a marching order of the Swiss Armed Forces, a draft of the civil protection or an official draft of another public institution are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be handled as follows with immediate effect and until further notice:
- Either a leave of absence in the sense of art. 17 du Règlement concernant l'admission will be granted after the deadline for submitting applications for leave of absence in accordance with art. 13 des Directives sur les délais, les droits et les demandes de congé dans le domaine de l'admission; as is customary with leave of absence, in this case enrolment for the examinations is not possible and the semester will not be credited against the length of study;
- Or the tuition fee for the semester will be waived entirely on the basis of art. 6 de l’Ordonnance concernant la taxe d’inscription; in this case, registration for examinations remains possible and the semester will be credited against the duration of study.
The refectories and cafeterias will gradually be opened, according to a different rhythm and schedule for each location. Please consult the university restaurants website for details of opening hours. We reserve the right to decide otherwise if the situation so requires.
Please take note of the additional provisions of each faculty regarding the conduct of teaching and exams: