Insurance and safety

Health insurance and civil liability 

Check that your health insurance adequately covers medical and hospital costs abroad. If necessary, take out supplementary insurance cover. Your host university will ask you for an insurance certificate on your arrival.
Moreover, do not forget to take out civil liability insurance for your stay abroad. 

Personal safety

Please take note of the advice of the FDFA to travellers and follow its instructions: 

During your stay abroad you can register on Itineris: ( This application designed by the Swiss Confederation keeps you informed of any serious crisis in your host country.