For the recognition of diplomas and partial studies, the recognition of previously completed studies or for exceptions to regulations or curricula, requests can be submitted to the Commission for students' requests. The Commission handles the cases of people who are registered or who have requested registration at the University of Fribourg. it examines the requests and issues a recommendation for the decision to the Faculty council.
The commission meets every six weeks during the semester and regularly between semesters.
The Commission for students' requests handles the cases of people who are registered or who have requested registration at the University of Fribourg.
A request file must contain:
- your registration number (SIUS number, for students registered in Switzerland), first and last name;
- a dated and signed letter explaining the object of the request;
- official proof of the credits that have been obtained with the signature and the official stamp of the issuing institution (except if the credits were acquired at the Faculty of science and medicine);
- any other official file that may help with handling the request;
- a resume is recommended.
In case you request the recognition of previous studies, you must enclose information relating to the completed program (course descriptions, number of hours, credits,...)
Any request must arrive by two weeks before the commission meeting. If this deadline is passed, the request will be considered at the following commission meeting.
Commission des requêtes
Faculté des sciences et de médecine
Ch. du Musée 8
To preserve medical confidentiality, any request based on medical reasons must be addressed to the Dean directly. The Dean handles these requests on their own.
Dates of meetings and submission deadlines
Submission deadline Commission meeting Decision by Faculty council* Fall semester 2020 31.08.2020 14.09.2020 21.09.2020 12.10.2020 26.10.2020 02.11.2020 23.11.2020 07.12.2020 14.12.2020 Winter break 2021 04.01.2021 18.01.2021 01.03.2021 Spring semester 2021 08.02.2021 22.02.2021 01.03.2021 22.03.2021 12.04.2021 26.04.2021 10.05.2021 25.05.2021 31.05.2021
* Once the decision has been taken by the Faculty Council, it is communicated to the student by postal mail within a few days.
In certain cases the commission can make decisions independently.
Between semesters, the decisions of the commission are communicated earlier, but they have to be validated by the Faculty council.