For the recognition of diplomas and partial studies, the recognition of previously completed studies or for exceptions to regulations or curricula, requests can be submitted to the Commission for students' requests. The Commission handles the cases of people who are registered or who have requested registration at the University of Fribourg. it examines the requests and issues a recommendation for the decision to the Faculty council.
The commission meets every six weeks during the semester and regularly between semesters.
The Commission for students' requests handles the cases of people who are registered or who have requested registration at the University of Fribourg.
A request file must contain:
- your registration number (SIUS number, for students registered in Switzerland), first and last name;
- a dated and signed letter explaining the object of the request;
- official proof of the credits that have been obtained with the signature and the official stamp of the issuing institution (except if the credits were acquired at the Faculty of science and medicine);
- any other official file that may help with handling the request;
- a resume is recommended.
In case you request the recognition of previous studies, you must enclose information relating to the completed program (course descriptions, number of hours, credits,...)
Any request must arrive by two weeks before the commission meeting. If this deadline is passed, the request will be considered at the following commission meeting.
Commission des requêtes
Faculté des sciences et de médecine
Ch. du Musée 8
To preserve medical confidentiality, any request based on medical reasons must be addressed to the Dean directly. The Dean handles these requests on their own.
Dates of meetings and submission deadlines
Submission deadline Commission meeting Decision by Faculty council* Autumn semester 2022 05.09.2022 19.09.2022 26.09.2022 17.10.2022 31.10.2022 07.11.2022 28.11.2022 12.12.2022 19.12.2022 Winter break 2022-2023 09.01.2023 23.01.2023 27.02.2023 Spring semester 2023 06.02.2023 20.02.2023 27.02.2023 20.03.2023 03.04.2023 17.04.2023 08.05.2023 22.05.2023 30.05.2023
* Once the decision has been taken by the Faculty Council, it is communicated to the student by postal mail within a few days.