To register to study at our University, follow the procedures at the Admissions and registration services.
To register for minors, please find information here.
Below, find information about registration to courses, exams, and minors. For questions about these topics, please contact the reference persons of the corresponding domain.
Semester dates and registration deadlines for classes
Due to the situation related to COVID, registration for all courses (teaching units) is mandatory in 2020/2021 to allow contact tracing.
You can make changes (e.g. deregister, late registration) for almost eight weeks after the original registration deadline.
Academic year 2020-2021
Fall semester 2020 Spring semester 2021 Beginning and end of classes 14.09.2020 – 18.12.2020 22.02.2021 – 04.06.2021 Registration period 24.08.2020 – 06.09.2020 01.02.2021 – 14.02.2021 Changes and late registrations 07.09.2020 – 16.10.2020 15.02.2021 – 09.04.2021
Procedure for registration to classes
- Log in to your student protal.
- Select Student space Studies Classes.
- Select Register to classes and follow the prompts.
- In order to register for a teaching unit, you must have been registered during the previous semester or have paid your tuition fee for the new semester.
- To avoid any problems, it is advised to check the data relative toyour study fields under "Cursus".
- If you follow a personalized study plan, it is possible that some courses do not appear in the offer list. In this case, select "Register outside of study plan" and explain why you are registering to this class. Please note that if you do not provide an explanation, your registration might be denied.
- If you decide to not follow a class after registering, please cancel your registration.
Exam sessions and registration deadlines
Registration to exams is mandatory and does not automatically happen if you are registered to a class. Please observe the deadlines.
Each teaching unit is assessed 2-3 times a year. You are not obliged to register for all exams in the session immediately following the semester in which you took the course (see Regulation).
Dates of 2021 exam sessions
Winter Summer Fall Registration 23.11.20 – 11.12.20 19.04.21 – 07.05.21 12.07.21 – 30.07.21
Publication of dates
on MyUniFR and in the Departments
15.01.21 – 19.02.21 24.05.21 – 25.06.21 16.08.21 – 17.09.21 Exams* 01.02.21 – 19.02.21 07.06.21 – 26.06.21 30.08.21 – 18.09.21 Results by 05.03.21 by 09.07.21 by 24.09.21 Canceling
2) by postal mail:
3) to the Dean:
20.01.21 – 19.02.21
29.05.21 – 25.06.21
21.08.21 – 17.09.21
* Exams can be on Saturdays or holidays.
Information about the registration procedure
- Log in to your student portal
- Select Student space Exams/results Exams.
- Select Register to exams and follow the prompts
You can cancel exam registrations as follows:
- On the student portal until the date 1)
- By written postal mail to the Dean's office, without justification, until the date 2)
- By written postal mail to the Dean of the Faculty with a justification (original medical certificate, death of a loved one) until date 3) The Deans decides whether the request is granted.
- The deadline for submitting an original medical certificate is fifteen days starting the day after the missed exam.
- Written requests must be sent by postal mail, dated and signed and must contain the student ID number and the code of the teaching unit.
Results cannot be canceled after an exam has been done.
You are allowed a second attempt if the grade is below 4.
You must be registered to the semester in order to register for an exam.
If you have not properly registered your minor, you may run into trouble when registering for exams. Check that your minor information is correct in the student portal.
- If you have a personalized study program, some classes might not appear on the list. In this case, register "out of study plan" and explain the reason for your registration. If you do not give an explanation, your registration might be denied.
- If you have questions or problems, please contact the Dean's office.
- At the Faculty of Science and Medicine, you do not pay an examination fee, but you do have to pay to validate your credits in order to receive your diploma.