Major Programme (90 ECTS)
The Master in Communication and Society at the DCM offers a sound overview of theories, research fields and current developments in media and communication in the light of digitalization. Students can specialize in one of four focus areas, which is also noted on the diploma:
- Focus area 1: "Media Structures & Media Performance"
- Focus area 2: "Political Communication"
- Focus area 3: "Organizational Communication"
- Focus area 4: "Media Use & Effects"
- Module "Advanced Introduction"
Modules Focus Area 1-4
Total: 45 ECTS from all modules (1 x 6 + 2 x 12 + 1 x 15 ECTS)
Module "Inter- and Transdisciplinary Perspectives"
- Electives from the entire programme of the university (including further courses from the Master in Communication and Society, courses from the Master in Business Communication and courses from the Bachelor programmes of the DCM) and/or one internship (4-8 weeks: 3 ECTS; 8 weeks and more: 6 ECTS)
- To attend a course from the Bachelor's programmes as part of this module, you need the consent of the lecturer and will subsequently have to contact the office of the exams delegate of our faculty for the registration to the course.
Total: 9 ECTS
Module "Master Thesis"
- Masterthesis in module 1, 2, 3 or 4 (27 ECTS)
- Master colloquium (3 ECTS)
Total: 30 ECTS
- To complete the Master's degree with a specialisation in one of the four focus areas, the major seminar paper worth 9 ECTS and the Master thesis must be written in the same core module.