General information on examinations
- Each course is subject to a marked assessment.
- The choice of assessments is the following: oral or written exam as well as seminar papers and exercises.
- The responsible person for the course decides how the course will be assessed. This decision will be communicated to students at the beginning of the academic year.
- In the case of no indication in the regulations, respectively of the responsible teacher, the courses are assessed by a written examination.
- Assessments can be repeated only once within the deadlines set by the regulations.
Registration and deadlines
- Without registration by the deadline, no examination can be passed in the assessment period. Please observe the registration deadline.
- The non-payment of the registration fee (CHF 20.- for each examination) results in cancelation of the examination registration (
Please pay the tax bill for the examination fee on your MyUnifr account).
- After the registration deadline, it is possible to withdraw from one or more examinations until the last working day at noon (12:00 pm) preceding the examination. If the withdrawal is made after the registration deadline, the registration fee still has to be paid.
Bilingual and trilingual studies
- Candidates to the Bachelor's degree who have obtained at least 40% of the ECTS in assessments or written papers in the second language of studies (French or German) are awarded a diploma mentioning the bilingual studies.
- Candidates to the Master's degree who have obtained at least 40% of the ECTS in assessments or written papers in the second language of studies (French or German or English) are awarded a diploma mentioning the bilingual studies. The second language must represent at least 30 ECTS.
- Candidates to the Master's degree who have obtained at least 18 ECTS in assessments or written papers in each of the three languages of studies (French, German and English) and who wrote their Master thesis in one of these three languages are awarded a diploma mentioning the trilingual studies.