Research Promotion Service: Our Services
We help UniFR research flourish!
The SPR offers itself as UniFr's entry point for all aspects of research funding.
We work hand-in-hand with all researchers at the University of Fribourg, helping them in their endeavour to acquire research funding, and dispensing information and advice on internal, national, European and international funding initiatives. We belong to the Euresearch network and as part of this mandate we not only foster researchers but also SMEs in the cantons of FR and VS when it comes to their participation in European research and innovation programmes. We also manage some internal funds.
We inform and advise the Rectorate on research-related issues and are the focal point for other services on research-related questions.
Our interactions with the research community and other interested parties are personal, unbureaucratic, structured and goal-oriented. We thrive for excellence.
List of activities
Including national, European and worldwide.
- Proposal preparation help, including:
- Scientific content (pre-screening, particularly summary, contributions to state of the art, timeframe, significance of planned research).
- Administrative content (budget, salaries, strategic questions).
- Organizing training events
- Information and advice about participation in European funding programmes.
- Assistance with applications to the European programmes (including pre-screening of proposals).
- Support with contract , administrative and financial reporting.
- Facilitation of innovation partnerships in Europe
- Link to Euresearch Fribourg
- Informing recent Open Science development
- Research Data Management events
- Data Management Plan (DMP) support
- Open access publications, events, including the UniFr support Fund
- Support with electronic PhD Thesis publication on FOLIA
- Advising researchers at early career stage (from PhD) regarding future academic possibilities
- PhD/Postdoc portal