Reduction of the tuition fee
Having difficulties financing the university tax?
Who is eligible for a reduction of the tuition fee?
Students who have completed at least one semester at the University of Fribourg and whose financial situation warrants it can apply for a reduction.
In principle, no reduction is granted to students who complete a course of study of:
- more than 10 semesters at the Bachelor level,
- more than 6 semesters at the Master's level,
- more than 4 semesters for the DEEM,
- respectively more than 12 semesters for the doctorate.
The deadline for submitting applications is 1st May 1st for the following academic year.
- who are doing their first semester in the autumn semester
- who are on leave
- or whose financial situation has changed significantly (supporting letter)
may exceptionally apply for a reduction of the tuition fee for the spring semester until 1st November.
To submit the application, simply follow the link to the portal MyUnifr, which provides all the necessary information and procedures.
We advise you to take these steps in advance because they require providing several documents which must be included.
We remind you that the final deadline for online applications is 1st May.
Thereafter, the request may be renewed for each academic year, with a deadline of 1st May.
A complete or partial reduction may be granted depending on resources available to us and the financial situation of the student and their parents. No amount is guaranteed.
+41 26 300 71 60