Work / Residence permit

Entry / Visa

Before entering Switzerland you should obtain information about the arrival and entry regulations. This can be obtained from Swiss diplomatic representations in foreign countries, the cantonal migration offices or the Federal Office for Migration.

Residence permit

Students who wish to study in Switzerland, must be able to prove that they are registered at a university and that they dispose of adequate financial resources. It must also be ensured that students from countries who have not signed a Free Movement of Persons Agreement with Switzerland will leave Switzerland at the end of their studies. In addition, students must adhere to a recognized health insurance scheme which covers the risk of illness and accident in Switzerland.