The proposed texte is a new, completely reworked version of a document drafted for UNESCO by the international working group known as the "Fribourg Group", because it operates out of the Interdisciplinary Institute for Ethics and Human Rights of the University of Fribourg in Switzerland. The outcome of a broad debate with actors from very different backgrounds, this Declaration is addressed to people, communities, institutions and organizations that intend to work to ensure the development of the rights, freedoms and responibilities it expresses.
The launch of the Declaration took place on 7 and 8 May 2007, respectively at the University of Fribourg and the Palais des Nations in Geneva, Switzerland.
Text of the Fribourg Declaration
- Fribourg Declaration in French (PDF Brochüre et Poster)
- Declaración de Friburgo en español (PDF)
- Fribourg Declaration in English (PDF)
- Fribourg Declaration in Arabic (PDF)
- Dichiarazione di Friburgo in italiano (PDF)
- Fribourg Declaration in German (PDF)
- Fribourg Declaration in Greek (PDF)
- Declaração de Friburgo en portugues (PDF)
- Fribourg Declaration in indi (PDF)
- Fribourg Declaration in nepali (PDF)
- Freiburgeko Adierazpena in Basque (PDF)
- Deklarata e Friburgut in Albanian (PDF)
- Fribourg Declaration in Persian (PDF)