Contact : Aurélien Crochet
The XRD facility of the department is equipped with 6 devices:
- 4 Single Crystal Diffractometer (Ag, Mo und Cu Ka1-radiation)
- 2 Powder Diffractometer (Cu Ka1 und Ka-radiation)
Bruker D8 Advance
For any demand of analysis, please complete the following form Single Crystal Sample Submission Form
For any demand of analysis, please complete the following form Powder Sample Submission Form
Some specific databases (CCDC and inorganic database) and softwares (CSD suite, Diamond, Match, etc.) are also accessible on demand. List of Available Software
Single Crystal Diffractometers
Single Crystal Diffractometer
- StadiVari (Stoe) with microfocus Ag and Cu radiation, and Pilatus3 R 300K detector
- IPDS2 (Stoe) equipped with Mo radiation, and image plate detector
- IPDS2T (Stoe) equipped with microfocus Cu radiation, and image plate detector
All machines are equipped with cryostats (150-500 K). The application field is very large from organic molecules to inorganic and organometallic compounds. The single crystal service carries out measurement and full crystal structure determination.
Ready to publish CIF-files are provided and deposition to the CCDC is done on demand.
People who want to have access to one of the instruments have to contact the Dr. Aurélien Crochet in order to discuss about their needs.
- STADIP (Stoe) combined a focus Cu Ka1incident beam from a germanium monochromator with Mythen1K detector (CCD) and exchangeable sample holders. The instrument is by default equipped of the transmission sample holder, but reflection measurements are also possible. The utilization of capillary allows the measurement of air- and moisture-sensitive samples as well as microsamples.
- D8 Advance (Bruker) with a LynxEye detector and sample robot. Utilization of closed sample holders allows the measurement of air- and moisture-sensitive samples
The versatility of these machines allowed wide analysis field for single or multi-phase materials, such as organic and metal organic compounds.
Users wanting to measure on their own are trained on machine upon request and can afterwards reserve the instrument. For people not wanting to measure independently, as well as special setups, assistance is provided on request.