Please visit this page regularly to check for Open Positions. If there is no available positions in the research group you are interested in, please do not hesitate to contact directly to the group leader with your application.
PhD Position in Zobi Research Group
Open PhD Position in Medicinal Inorganic Chemistry Research Group
Apply: Fabio Zobi
The focus of the position is on the design, and in-depth characterization of the chemistry of new metal complexes.
The study entails the preparation of ligands and complexes to be evaluated as anticancer and antimicrobial therapeutic agents.
Your Mission and Responsibilities
- Design, preparation and characterization of molecular species.
- From 2ndyear, planning and supervision of MSc students
- Communicate results at meetings, technical reports, patents and publications.
- MSc in a relevant field (medicinal, organic or inorganic chemistry, preferably with experience in research or industrial environments).
- Demonstrated experience in synthetic chemistry and characterization with chemical methods.
- Interest in designing novel molecules and materials for the benefit of our society.
- Fluency in English (written and oral) with excellent communication skills is a must, German and/or French is a benefit.
- Experience in publication of research findings is a benefit.
- Creative mind-set and positive can-do attitude.
- Team player.
- Passion for science and technology.
- Dedication and punctuality.
This position (100%) is immediately available and initially for 1 year (probation period), then extended 3 more years.
For further information and to apply, please contact Prof. Fabio Zobi, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to receiving your application including a cover letter clearly outlining your
experience and motivation in relation to this role, a CV (with publication list if applicable) and contact
information of at least 2 reference persons, diploma copies and a pdf copy of your MSc thesis.