The Office for Gender Equality offers workshops, mentor programs as well as personalised advice and guidance in order to fight the « loss » of women in the academic career.
While being a majority during the studies, the number of women decreases as we approach higher positions at the University of Fribourg. In this sense, women constitute:
- 60% of master’s graduates
- 45% of PhD graduates
- 20% of ordinary professors in higher category
REGARD workshops program
The REGARD program offers workshops for female researchers and professors from the Universities of Fribourg, Lausanne, Geneva and Neuchâtel, as well as from the HES-SO and EPFL. More than 20 workshops tackle academic career planning, research project management, communication tools and personal development.
Réseau romand de mentoring pour femmes
The “Réseau romand de mentoring pour femmes” is open to female PhD students soon to finish their thesis, postdocs and senior postdocs heading for professorship. The aim is to encourage them to pursue their careers and to promote their integration in the scientific community.
The Office for Gender Equality offers a personalised and confidential advice to anyone in the university community.
Questions may relate to:
- Academic or professional career
- Reconciling studies and children or reconciling work and family life
- Conflicts, difficult relationships, discrimination, mobbing or sexual harassment involving members of university community.
In the case of dual career couples, the Office for Gender Equality also offers advice to those who recruit a researcher in this situation or directly to the individuals concerned.
Contact: Muriel Besson
Other advice offers at the University
Information for PhD students and postdocs
The information session for new PhD students takes place once a year in February.
All necessary information for PhD students and postdocs is available on this web page.
You will also find information for PhD students and postdocs in the following guides:
Download « Getting your thesis off to a good start »
Gender and training
Would you like to offer a gender responsive teaching? The teaching self-assessment tool from a gender perspective will make you aware of the unconscious bias of your teaching.
Other offers at UniFR
- Brochure"Conditions for the sucess of doctoral supervision"
- CUSO’s transversal program workshops of generic skills
- Information for doctoral and post-doctoral students available on this website