Core Module: European and Global Business
The core of the programme is the module “European and Global Business” in which you have to obtain at least 27 ECTS (i.e. take about 6 courses). All courses in this module have a focus on international business.
Two courses are strongly recommended for the module, namely:
- Fundamentals of International Management (D. Morschett)
- Managing the Multinational Network (D. Morschett)
Other courses that can be accredited towards the core module are:
- Intercultural Management (E. Davoine)
- Intercultural Business Projects (D. Morschett/E. Davoine/O. Furrer)
- Case Studies in International Strategy (R. Grünig)
- Transnational Corporations in Global Societies (P. Dembinski)
- Strategic Value Creation (M. Hilb)
- European Marketing (D. Morschett)
- Intégration européenne (T. Madiès)
- Management in Emerging Markets (T. Halaszovich)
- Asian Management (D. Morschett)
- International Services Marketing (S. Bambauer-Sachse)
- Advanced Seminar in International and European Business (D. Morschett)
- Sustainable Globalization (V. Grossmann)
- Focal Firms and SMEs in Global Value Chains (P. Dembinski)
- Microeconomics of Competitiveness (MOC) (P. Gugler)
- International Finance (D. Isakov)
- International Taxation (A. Turina)
For the currently valid list, you should check the faculty’s website.
In addition, the University of Fribourg cooperates in the BeNeFri-network with the neighbouring universities of Berne and Neuchatel. Courses from their course lists can also be taken and can – after permission by the programme responsibles – be accredited towards the optional modules of the Master of Arts in International and European Business.