The workshop will be organized around the following questions:
• What is a budget: what are the expenses and revenues of a research budget?
• What funding body are we applying to and what is its influence on the budget that can be requested?
• How to build the budget: which parameters should we consider?
• Tips for managing different types of budgets once funding is secured.
After a brief presentation, participants’ specific questions, remarks, and problems relating to their own proposals will be discussed.
Skills to be acquired :
• An understanding of the fundamental elements of constructing a budget
• Ability to analyze a budget
• In the afternoon, budget analysis construction exercises will be carried out and discussed.
Presentation, discussion, exercises, taking into account of the individual cases of the participants.
|When?||11.11.2021 09:15 - 17:00|
|Where?||Université de Genève
rue du Général-Dufour 24
|speaker||Dr. Jennifer Mcclung, psychologist and biologist, Grants Office Manager, University of Neuchâtel|
|Contact||REGARD Programme d'ateliers
Av. de l'Europe 20
026 300 70 43 20
Registration usually opens six weeks before each workhop and has to be done online over the program's website You'll immediately get an automatically generated message confirming your request In the next couple of days, we'll confirm your registration by email. If the workshop is fully booked, we'll put you on the waiting list. Once your registration is confirmed, it is considered final. Withdrawal less than one week before the workshop OR an absence from the workshop without excuse or explanation entail a fee of CHF 200.- (except in the case of force majeure). You'll get an email with all the necessary information (starting time, room, etc.) no later than one week before the workshop There will be a waiting list if the workshop is fully booked. If a place becomes available, we'll contact you as soon as possible