Dr. Oliver Dürr
T +41 26 300 74 25
MIS 05 - Office 5221
Av. de l'Europe 20
Focus of work
- Theology of Technology.
- Anthropology in the digital transformation (artificial intelligence, artificial life).
- Trans- and posthumanism.
- Ecclesiology, spirituality and faith in the secular and technological era.
- Metaphysics in the "post-metaphysical" era: participatory metaphysics, analogia entis, and sophiology.
- Russian philosophy of religion in the Silver Age (esp. Nikolai Fedorov, Sergiy Bulgakov, and Vladimir Soloviev).
- Urban and cultural history of Florence.
University of Fribourg
HS 2021: Dogmatics. Being Church in the Ruins of the Church. Ecumenical ecclesiology in conversation with the times. Main lecture (https://www3.unifr.ch/timetable/de/vorlesungsbeschreibung.html?show=99416)
2018-2021 Doctoral studies in systematic theology at the Chair of Dogmatics, Theology of Ecumenism of Prof. Dr. Barbara Hallensleben at the University of Fribourg. Dissertation: "Homo Novus. On the eschatological transformation of man in the age of transhumanism." (Degree: Summa Cum Laude, 6.0) Awarded the Franz Josef II of Liechtenstein Prize 2021. 2016-2018 Studies of Theology (Master of Theology) with specialization in Dogmatics and Theology of Ecumenism at the University of Fribourg (Degree: Summa Cum Laude, 6.0) Since 2016 Study of history (Master of Arts in Historical Sciences) with a focus on modern history 2015-2016 Online music studies: Producer certificate for sound design in Native Instruments' Komplete (Dubspot) 2014-2015 Online music studies: Producer certificate for programming in Ableton Live (Dubspot) 2013-2016 Studies in Theology (Bachelor of Theology) with a minor in History (Bachelor of Arts in Historical Sciences) at the University of Fribourg
Offices, memberships and networks
- PostDoc-Fellow of the Collegium Emmaus
- Pedagogy Fellow of the Yale Center for Faith & Culture „Pedagogy of Christ & Being Human Project“ (Yale University)
- Member of work group Gender Aspects in Religious Studies (Universität Fribourg)
- Research associate at the Sergiy Bulgakov Research Center