Our research focuses on signal processing and data analysis with applications on document image analysis, signature verification, gesture recognition and pathology diagnosis. The expertise we gain from these research topics enriches our teaching offer in the program of the Joint Master in Computer Science of the Universities of Berne, Neuchâtel and Fribourg.
Job Offer for a PhD Student
The DIVA research group at the University of Fribourg offers a position for a PhD student in the field of explainable machine learning.
The job consists of:
- Performing cutting-edge research in the field of explainable machine learning and related to applications on image and document analysis
- Participating to group activities and sharing research experience and good practices
- Contributing to teaching activities (exercises) for Bachelor and Master courses
- Supervising students in Bachelor/Master projects
The candidate must fulfill the following requirements:
- Have a Master degree in mathematics or computer science of a Swiss university or a foreign university, that is officially recognized in Switzerland
- Be a skilled programmer
- Be familiar with machine learning
- Master either French or German (oral and written), and being fluent in English
- Be able to work in an autonomous manner
- Be able to communicate their findings to the scientific community, in both oral and written form
Applications can be sent by email to email@example.com.