Our research focuses on signal processing and data analysis with applications on document image analysis, signature verification, gesture recognition and pathology diagnosis. The expertise we gain from these research topics enriches our teaching offer in the program of the Joint Master in Computer Science of the Universities of Berne, Neuchâtel and Fribourg.
The DIVA research group at the University of Fribourg offers a Postdoc position in the field of machine learning applied to historical document analysis.
The job consists of:
- Performing cutting-edge research in the field of machine learning related to applications on image and document analysis
- Participating to group activities and sharing good practices
- Contributing to teaching activities for Bachelor and Master programs in computer science
- Supervising students in Bachelor/Master projects
The candidate must fulfill the following requirements:
- Have a PhD in computer science or related domain recognized by Swiss universities
- Be a skilled programmer
- Be familiar with machine learning
- Be familiar with French or German (oral and written), and have excellent scientific writing skills in English
- Be able to perform research in an autonomous manner
- Be able to share experience with other group members
Applications can be sent by email to email@example.com.