Pre-Semester Intensive French course
- quality courses that are tailored to our audiences and taught by experienced instructors, to help you improve your language skills (vocabulary and grammar, oral and written comprehension and expression) efficiently and within a short time frame
- participation in a wide range of cultural and sports activities designed to help you apply your newly acquired communicative skills while getting to know the city of Fribourg, its university and the region
- the opportunity to establish strong intercultural contacts with exchange students, local students and other participants
- Exchange students
- Regular students enrolled at the University of Fribourg
- Staff members of the University of Fribourg
- Students and staff from one of the Language Centre’s partners institutions
- Members of the association Alumni and Friends of UniFR
- External participants
Our aim is to enable participants to quickly improve their language skills in a professional environment, to meet new people and to get to know the university and its surroundings. The course takes place in presence.
Groups are created depending on participants’ existing level of French and normally range from A1 to B2. However, in spring the beginner level A1 is not offered.
Next course dates
The next course will take place before the beginning of the spring semester: from 28 August until 14 September 2023 (3 weeks).
You can register online through our registration form.
NB: You will receive all the necessary instructions via email once you have filled in the online registration form.
Your registration will only be confirmed once you have paid the course fees.
Registrations close on 15 July 2023. However, we warmly recommend registering as early as possible, since the number of participants for our intensive courses is limited and registration can be closed early if the maximum number of participants is reached.
About course fees
We offer progressive pricing that takes into account the financial means of different target audiences. Mobility students registered with the University of Fribourg receive an additional stipend, allowing us to offer them a particularly affordable rate.
Details of the cost of a week of intensive course
The rates are calculated on the following weekly cost:
- Exchange students at the University of Fribourg:
CHF 135.- per week (20 lessons and around 12h of activities)
- Students (UNIFR and other institutions, provided you can show a proof of registration for the semester when the course takes place):
CHF 250.- per week (20 lessons and around 12h of activities)
- Staff of the UNIFR, members of Alumni and Friends UniFR, external participants:
CHF 400.- per week (20 lessons and around 12h of activities)
Validation of the course
The course of the autumn semester (3 weeks) is validated by 6 ECTS credits. The course of the spring semester (duration 2 weeks) is validated by 4 ECTS credits.
Obtaining the credits and a certificate requires regular attendance and active participation in the various class work and activities.