Publishing Thesis online
Theses submitted to the UniFr can be published electronically at FOLIA free of charge. FOLIA, provides public access to the literature (electronic theses, dissertations and e-prints).
More information on how to publish doctoral theses on FOLIA:
FOLIA is the electronic platform used the University of Fribourg for the electronic publication of PhD theses. Previously published theses (eThesis) are also available on FOLIA. FOLIA offers a high visibility of published theses since they are indexed by common search engines, in particular by Google SCHOLAR. Furthermore, FOLIA ensures a digital long-term preservation of these documents since they are archived on the servers of the Swiss National Library.
Advantages for doctoral students
- Lower costs: the number of printed depositary copies is reduced in the Faculties of Humanities and Economic and Social Sciences from 40 to 6 and in the Faculty of Theology to 10;
- Publication within 4 weeks;
- Contributes to the reputation of the doctoral student and the university;
- A broader audience can be reached by the simple retrieval and the fast access to these works;
- Availability of valuable information to the academic and public communities.
In order to publish your thesis online please submit by email to the Research Promotion Services the following documents:
- The thesis in PDF A4 format (maximum file size: 10MB; please contact us if this is not enough)
- An email confirmation of the first supervisor stating that the file contains the final version of the thesis and confirming it can be published online.
- Signed contract (see in documents below)
- Folia offers you the option of assigning a DOI Number to your dissertation. Please indicate in your email if you would like this when you send the PDF document of your dissertation. This is only possible on request and cannot be added at a later date.
Once the 3 documents have been received (by email) the online publication process will start.
Only final versions of the thesis will be accepted.
No corrections after publishing will be possible.
The thesis is submitted to the Swiss National Library, and therefore cannot be withdrawn.
The theses will be available online normally within 4 weeks.
Before submitting your thesis for publication please consult with the faculty responsible person at the decanat to ensure all regulations are followed.
Available only in the German or French language
Faculty of Arts
Faculty of Law
Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences
Faculty of Theology
Faculty of Sciences
* fill in (protected version)
- Printed version
Links to Doctoral Theses