Research Fund for the Centenary of the University of Fribourg
The aim of the University of Fribourg Centenary Research Fund is to support research activities at the University of Fribourg that contribute to its intellectual influence.
The Research Fund can grant subsidies for the following activities:
- preparing research projects or promoting their results (with the exclusion of doctoral theses); applications exceeding CHF 7,000 should be addressed to the Research Pool;
- promotion of international exchanges, in particular by granting subsidies to scientific researchers from the University of Fribourg wishing to travel abroad and to foreign researchers wishing to come to the University of Fribourg;
- support for other activities related to scientific research, "with the exception of publication costs" (these requests must be addressed to the University Council).
The Board of Trustees of the Research Fund delegates decision-making authority to its Bureau.
Regulations and Guidelines (In French & German only):
- Guidelines for obtaining grants In FrenchIn German
- Regulations of the Research Fund In FrenchIn German
- Foundation DeedIn FrenchIn German
- Statutes of 7.6.2013In FrenchIn German
- Principles for theallocation of grants (to be taken into account when submitting applications)In FrenchIn German
Submitting an application
Please fill in the "Main form no. 1" and choose the category corresponding to your application.
Applications must be submitted electronically.
Application Forms (in French or German):
The next submission deadlines for applications are:
- 10 September 2021 (processing of applications at the meeting of 7 October 2021)
- 5 November 2021 (processing of applications at the meeting of 1 December 2021)
Meeting of the Foundation Board on 12 May 2021
Decisions are communicated within 6 weeks after these dates.
All publications resulting from work supported by the Fund must acknowledge this support.
Completion of the project
Two months after the end of the project, the beneficiary must submit a report on theresearch results as well as an accounting of the funds provided. Any remaining amount will be returned to the Foundation.
Reports outlines (in French or German):
University of Fribourg Centenary Research Fund
Mme Anne Progin
Office 016 /PER 17
Service Promotion Recherche
Chemin du Musée 18
Tél. 026 300 71 07
Members of the Foundation Board
The Board of Trustees of the Research Fund currently consists of the following members:
- Prof. Dr Katharina Fromm (Sciences) (Vice-Rector, President)
- Prof. Dr. Valérie Camos (Humanities) (Bureau)
- Prof. Dr Basile Cardinaux (Law) (Bureau)
- Prof. Veronika Hoffman (Theology)
- Prof. Dr Martin Huber (SES)
- Prof. Dr Ruth Kellerhals (Sciences)
- Christine Bulliard-Marbach,National Councillor
- Nadine Gobet,Member of the Grand Council
- lic.iur. Laurent Oberhofer
The Bureau is the executive body of the Foundation Council Its tasks include:
- drawing up a budget;
- informing the Board of Trustees of decisions taken;
- preparing the meetings of the Board of Trustees;
- preparion of an annual report.
Within the scope of its competences, the Office decides freely and irrevocably on the applications. The positive or negative decisions are communicated to the applicants without comment. Decisions on applications by the Office and the Board of Trustees are made by a simple majority of the members present. In the event of a tie, the President shall have the casting vote.