Recent advances have transformed Peritoneal surface malignancies (PSM) from a fatal diagnosis to a treatable and sometimes even curable condition with outcomes comparable to other metastatic sites. Heterogeneity of patients and rarity of the diseases are important challenges for clinical studies.
Plan of the presentation:
• The IDEAL framework for surgical innovation
• Pressurized IntraPeritoneal Aerosol Chemotherapy: a novel mode for PSM treatment
• Safe implementation and scientific evaluation of PIPAC
• Assessment of efficacy: easier said than done
• Is PIPAC IDEAL? Let’s talk about the optimal treatment sequence
This lecture shall provide the non-expert professional with the tools for evaluation of surgical innovation through the concrete example of new ways to treat peritoneal surface malignancies.
|When?||03.04.2023 08:30 - 09:20|
|Where?||PER 02 Auditorium 0.405
Chemin du Musée 14
|speaker||Prof. Dr. Martin HÜBNER, Department of Visceral Surgery, Lausanne University Hospital CHUV, Lausanne, CH|