FriMat is established for the purpose of:
- Reinforcing the strategic roadmap of the University of Fribourg, taking the lead of the focus Nano-Materials.
- Producing excellence in the field of Nano-Materials based on local competences
- Bundling Fribourg’s core competences in nano- and advanced materials to offer a powerful knowledge platform that could lead to a wide spectrum of innovative products and helps to solve product-oriented problems.
- Training human resources in nano- and materials science and advanced materials for the present and future needs of Switzerland.
- Establish a cutting edge infrastructure for the analysis of advanced nanomaterials.