Become a mentor of the Réseau romand
Mentoring’s first objective is to support the mentee, but it is a two-way relationship. Evaluations of such programs show that the mentors also benefit from the relationship with the mentee.
By participating in a mentoring program, a mentor has the opportunity to:
- Initiate new contacts with other mentors
- Establish contacts with motivated researchers from the next generation of academics
- Be kept informed about the research trends in the mentees' generation
- Profite from stimulating exchanges with the mentee for her or his own work and research
- Enlarge his or her social skills by through the mentoring experience
Each mentoring partnership defines the goals of the exchanges and the frequency of the meetings in a mentoring agreement.
Who can be a mentor?
A mentor in the Réseau romand is a person who:
- Is a professor at a (Swiss) university or a EPF
- Agrees to pass on her or his experience of the academic world to a mentee
- Supports the mentee in achieving her objectives
- Is aware of the support that she or he has received during her or his career and wants to give back
- Is committed to gender equality and the promotion of young women researchers
Duties of a mentor
A mentor offers a mentee:
- The opportunity to learn from the experience of someone who has succeeded in the path she is following
- The possibility to exchange on concrete goals and planning her career path
- A better understanding of formal and informal rules that exist in the academic world
- Support to create a contacts network
- We recommend that mentors and mentees meet 4-5 times during the duration of the mentoring program
The 11th edition will take place from April 2021 to December 2022. The group meetings for mentees and mentors will take place:
- On August 27rd of 2021 at the University of Fribourg
- On November 5th of 2021 at the University ofNeuchâtel
- On MAy 6th of 2022 at the EPFL
- On December 1st of 2020 at the University of Geneva
All mentors will get invitations to those events and are very welcome to participate.