Additional topics for Bachelor and Master Theses
You can find specific suggestions for Bachelor and Master theses, based on various thematic topics, on the websites of the different chairs. Please note that some chairs currently have waiting lists and therefore a proposal may not be accepted immediately. Those who wish to start their thesis without being placed on a waiting list may consult the list of general topics in the list below. Please contact the professors, or their assistants, directly by e-mail for further information.
Prof. Dr. Stephanie Teufel (English or German)
Combine your bachelor thesis and working on your own business idea!
The international institute of management in technology (iimt) offers students a unique opportunity to combine their bachelor thesis with testing their own business ideas.
Topic: Application of the lean start-up and design thinking methodology to your own business idea
Requirements: In addition to a strong motivation and an entrepreneurial mind-set, students should already have a first idea of what their business idea should look like. While students are not expected to start the project with a mature business idea, applicants should have a general vision of the direction they would like to go before contacting us. One step towards creating such a vision could be identifying relevant problems (see: "Pains" in the Value Proposition Canvas). While this offer is mainly designed bachelor theses in mind, the iimt is also open to consider master project proposals (subject to sufficient justification by the applicant).
Prof. Dr. Paul Dembinski (French or English)
Contact : Prof. Dembinski
Prof. Dr. Martin Wallmeier (English or German)
Requirements: sucessful attendance of a BA course (Bachelor theses) or MA course (Master theses) in the domain of Finance.
Further subjects can be found on: http://www.unifr.ch/finanzmanagement/de/teaching/thesis
Other, own subjects are possible.
Topics for Bachelor Theses:
- Sustainable Investment Funds – a Market Survey about Capital Investments following Ethical, Social, and Ecological Investment Criteria
- 25% Return on Equity ? Published Business Targets of Banks before and after 2007
- „Smart Beta“ – Concept and Critical Discussion
- Set-up of an Integrated Financial Planning System in Excel (example industry or company to specify)
- Investment Suggestions in Print Media: Information or Entertainment?
Topics for Master Theses:
- Hedge Funds as Company Owners – Greedy Grasshoppers ?
- Active Investors – „Missing Link“ of Corporate Governance?
- "There will be sunshine after rain"? – Mean Reversion of Corporate Profits
- Identifying “Earnings Management”: a Critical Analysis of the Jones-Model
- Foreign Exchange Rate Sensitivity of European Share Prices
Prof. Dr. Markus Gmür (English, French and German)
The aim of the list published viahttps://www.vmi.ch/de/uber-uns/universitatsstudium/
is to provide some ideas for current research topics at the VMI. It is based on requirements for master students. It is also possible to submit your own suggestions for topics related to NPO management (please also see the guidelines for writing papers and theses). Those interested are initially requested to contact Prof. Markus Gmür via email.