The course covers principles and methods of stock and company valuation. In the theoretical part, different methods are introduced and compared. Then the different steps of a company valuation are presented – from the historical analysis to prospective forecasting, valuation and risk analysis. In the practical part, different case studies are being solved.
- Koller/Goedhart/Wessels: Valuation
- Loderer/Wälchli: Handbuch der Bewertung – Band 2
- Penman: Financial Statement Analysis and Security Valuation
- Palepu/Healy/Peek: Business Analysis and Valuation – IFRS edition
- Rosenbaum/Pearl: Investment Banking – Valuation, Leveraged Buyouts, and Mergers and Acquisitions