Our team will gladly assist you in your research. The library is open to all. Most of our library stock is on open shelves, but you might need to ask the reception desk to access some documents.
The following equipment is available:
- 15 PCs equipped with standard software and specialized software for persons with a University of Fribourg account.
- 1 PC for persons outwith the University of Fribourg.
- 2 colour scanning photocopiers with access by USB stick or mail; each A4 black and white page costs 0.10 CHF, each A4 colour page 0.20 CHF. A3 pages cost twice as much.
- 1 paper guillotine
Persons with a University of Fribourg account can use the library WiFi with their own laptop.
Lockers are available upon a deposit of 60 CHF - contact the reception desk.
Use of the library is free of charge.
The loan service is open:
From Monday to Friday
8:00 am. To 7:00 pm
The library is closed on Saturday and Sunday.
Works with a yellow dot cannot be borrowed and are reserved for consultation on site. The loan conditions correspond to those of the BCU.
Documents that belong to the Dokpe collection must be returned to the Dokpe.
Exception: when the library is closed for sveral weeks (e.g. in summer) the documents can be returened to the white collection box at the entry.
- Information literacy training and guided tours
Articles PDF delivery
Members of the university community can request pdf articles when no subscription is available and the article is not open access.
Allow a waiting time of a few hours to a few weeks... a request may not even succeed
- if no library has a paper version
- if the author does not respond to our request
- if the review is rare and impossible to locate