From the point of view of research (see Statuts de l’IED), six axes are privileged:
- an interpretation of Scripture sensitive to the current problems of exegesis and in contact with other theological disciplines, in particular dogmatic theology and moral theology;
- Dominican history;
- Albert the Great and mysticism;
- Thomas Aquinas, his biblical and patristic sources, his reception (Middle Ages, modern times, 20th century and contemporary period) and the possible contributions to current theological proposals;
- an ethics of the virtues anchored in the dogmatic understanding of the faith, with a concern to integrate the philosophical questions debated today; highlighting the school of Salamanca;
- a dialogue between theology and philosophy in the perspective of a fruitful relationship between the two disciplines.