Funding and calls
Here you can find information on research funding possibilities as well as current calls from major funding agencies.
The University of Fribourg offers support to researchers seeking funding.
See also our Frequently Asked Questions about grant submission.
- Research Pool
Matching funds, promotion of returning researchers, support of larger projects with over CHF 10,000.
- Research Fund
International scientific exchange, support of research activities with up to CHF 10,000.
Masters, PhD or postdoc scholarships for foreigners living abroad to come to the University of Fribourg.
- Continuing Education
Certain scientific meetings, courses, seminars and workshops.
- Publishing Support
Certain scientific publications.
- Other Funds
Research, projects and events supporting special needs of the University.
- Innovation fund of the Fribourg Canton
Funding for scientific and technological projects amoung enterprises and Universities in the Fribourg Canton.
- Fondation Seed Capital Fribourg
Encourages entrepreneurial scientific and technological projects with strong added value for the Canton.
- Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF)
Research and communication projects, infrastructure, fellowships and career development in all disciplines.
- Commission for Technology and Innovation (CTI)
Market-oriented R&D projects, start-up companies, knowledge and technology transfer in all disciplines.
- Bilateral Research Cooperation Programmes
Long-term research partnerships between Swiss universities and institutions in countries of strategic importance to Switzerland.
- Open calls for Joint Research Projects published by the Swiss National Science Foundation
- Swiss Enlargement Contribution
Joint projects between Swiss researchers and researchers from the enlarged European Union.
- Scientific Exchange Programme (Sciex-NMS)
Temporary placement of EU10 researchers from all disciplines at Swiss institutions.
- Swiss Government scholarships
Scholarships to foreign graduates in all disciplines for postgraduate study or research in Switzerland.
- European Commission
Research and development projects, infrastructure and career development across broad fields. Includes 7th Framework Programme (FP7) (e.g. Marie-Curie Actions, European Research Council (ERC)) and Enterprise Europe Network (EEN).
Market-oriented R&D and innovation projects in all technological disciplines.
- European Cooperation in Science and Technology (COST)
Joint activities for networks of nationally funded research projects across broad fields.
- European Science Foundation (ESF)
Research and networking programmes, workshops and conferences in all disciplines.
- U.S. National Science Foundation (NSF)
Research and education projects, training, fellowships and career development in all non-medical fields of science and engineering.
- U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Research and education projects, training, fellowships and career development in the medical and behavioural sciences.
- Human Frontier Science Program (HFSP)
Research projects, fellowships and career development for postdocs in the life sciences.
- Intelligent Manufacturing Systems (IMS)
Manufacturing and processing technology R&D projects, international consortium building, coaching.
- University of Fribourg Funding Database
Fellowships, fundings and awards. For University of Fribourg employees only.
- University of Fribourg Scholarship Directory
Fellowships, stipends and awards for young researchers, searchable by research field.
- Rector's Conference of the Swiss Universities (CRUS)
Funding opportunities from international universities, research institutions and foundations.
Funding opportunities for studying, working or performing research in one of the European nations.
- International Scholarships
International grants, scholarships, loan programs and other information for students wishing to study abroad.
- European Commission
FP7 information and communication technology projects.
- Informal Group of RTD Liaison Offices (IGLO)
- Commercial service providers and consultants
Companies who provide services for European Commission 7th Framework Programme (FP7) projects.
- Enterprise Europe Network (EEN)
European technology projects.
- Euresearch News
Information on publicly funded European research and innovation programmes and opportunities available to Swiss researchers. Published electronically 10 times a year in English by the Euresearch head office in Bern.
Current calls with deadlines
- 31.07.2013 - Synapsis Foundation for Alzheimer research: call for proposals open until 31 July
- 01.08.2013 - Call for proposals: SNSF Advanced Postdoc.Mobility
- 10.08.2013 - "Rare Diseases - New Approaches" (Gebert Rüf Stiftung)
- 14.08.2013 - Call for Marie Curie Individual Fellowships
- 15.08.2013 - Agora: call for proposals for public science communication projects
- 16.08.2013 - Grants for graduates to be active at the Swiss Parliament
- 31.08.2013 - Prix RIE pour étudiants dans le secteur de l'énergie
- 01.09.2013 - Call for proposals: SFGBM Advanced Postdoc.Mobility
- 01.09.2013 - Call for proposals: SNFS Doc.Mobility
- 01.09.2013 - Call for proposals: SNFS Early Postdoc.Mobility
- 10.09.2013 - OECD - Research Fellowships and Conference Sponsorship (biological resources in agriculture)
- 13.09.2013 - New r4d call: CHF 28 million for collaboration with developping countries
- 20.09.2013 - Joint Research Projects with Eastern Europe (SCOPES)