There are several options for financing your doctoral thesis. A good practice is to discuss it with your supervisor before starting the PhD. Below is a list of some of the options:
- As a PhD, you might be financed from a grant that your supervisor has, e.g from the SNSF (projects), EC, Foundations and others.
- Overview of funding opportunities available for Doctoral students directly
- Short-term Scholarships offered to students by the University of Fribourg
- Funds for academic publications by the Unifr, Unifr Open Access Fund and by the SNSF
- CSWM Funding for Continuing Education contributes financially to the enhancement of researchers' profiles (for example: participation in conferences)
The SNSF offers supplementary measures to PhD students employed through SNSF funding. This includes: