I hold a 5-year degree in Mathematics (2013) and a Masters in Logistic, Transportation and Mobility (2015), both from the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (Barcelona). I recently completed my PhD at the École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) under the supervision of Prof. Michel Bierlaire (EPFL) and Prof. Shadi Shari Azadeh (Erasmus Universiteit of Rotterdam). My thesis was about the integration of discrete choice models in mixed-integer linear optimization. In 2021, I joined the Decision Support & Operations Research Group as a senior researcher to work in the Innosuisse project 36157.1 IP-EE on decision support for an efficient and sustainable waste collection. The goal of this project is to derive mathematical models and optimization algorithms to improve the municipal solid waste collection process and to develop an interactive decision support tool that displays the results of the implemented algorithms. This tool will help decision-makers to select the most appropriate waste collection concept according to the needs of the municipality.
Main research interests:
- Discrete choice models
- Mixed-integer linear programming
- Decomposition techniques
- Vehicle routing problems
- Logistics and transportation
- Master Courses:
- Advanced Mathematical Modeling and Optimization (in English), Fall Semester 2022
- Choice-based Optimization and its Application to Revenue Management (in English), Spring Semester 2023
- M. Pacheco Paneque, M. Bierlaire, B.Gendron and S. Sharif Azadeh. Integrating advanced discrete choice models in mixed integer linear optimization. Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, 146, 26-49 (2021). doi
- L. Montero, M. Pacheco Paneque, J. Barceló, S. Homoceanu and J. Casanovas. Case study on cooperative car data for estimating traffic states in an urban network. Transportation Research 2594(1), 127-137 (2016). doi
- PhD mobility award 2017 (August 09, 2017)
- Institution: Doctoral School Civil and Environmental Engineering (EDCE)
- Description: The PhD Mobility Award is given by the doctoral program in Civil and Environmental Engineering (EDCE) to encourage good PhD students within the program to go for an academic visit to an external research institution.
- II Abertis International Research Award (October 14, 2016)
- Institution: International Abertis Chairs Network
- Description: The Abertis International Research Prize in Transportation is awarded among the pool of national winning projects of the International Abertis Chairs Network.
- XIII Abertis Prize for Management of Transportation Infrastructures (May 24, 2016)
- Institution: Abertis-UPC Chair
- Description: The Abertis Prize for research in management of transportation infrastructures is aimed at studies and unpublished research conducted by students at Spanish universities that address various aspects related to the management of transportation infrastructures and services.