The The University and, in particular, the Department of Biology, participates in several doctoral programmes - links to some of them are given below. In principle, students are affiliated to the university or department which will finally award the PhD degree, but attend an organized programme of lectures, seminars and other activities (including those of the 3ème Cycle Romand en Sciences Biologiques) which may accord ECTS credits.
- The Swiss Plant Science Web
- The Interuniversity Doctoral program in Organismal Biology
- The Interuniversity Doctoral Program in Population Genomics
- The Interuniversity Doctoral Program in Ecology and Evolution
- The BENFRI Program in Neuroscience
- The CUSO doctoral program in molecular plant science
- The CUSO doctoral program STAROMICS