DEPARTMENT of BIOLOGY at the UNIVERSITY of FRIBOURG
The Department of Biology has been restructured and the four functional groups - Biochemistry, Ecology and Evolution, Plant Biology and Zoology have been merged. Distinct research groups are recognised which you are invited to visit at the "Research groups" link above. Teaching at both the Bachelor and Master levels reflects the interests of the research groups and the respective programmes can be consulted using the "Studies" link above and then in the left sidebar (in French and German for the Bachelor and in English for the Master).
Biology video channel:
Coming events & News
- The next Department of Biology seminar takes place on the 31st May [31.05.2016] Hanna Kokko (Dept Evolutionary Biology, University of Zürich) will give a talk entitled "Males exist does it matter?"
- 3rd June: Public presentation of PhD thesis by Bérénice Chassot [29.05.2016] At 9.00h in lecture theatre 0.108 (Per09), Bérénice Chassot will present the work entitled "The role of FGF signaling during actinotrichia formation after amputation and cyroinjury" which she carried out for the award of PhD
- 2nd June: Department of Biology AGM and BBQ [29.05.2016] The Department of Biology AGM will be held on the 2nd June at 17.15h (after the Bachelor Symposium), in lecture theatre 0.110 (Per04). This will be followed by the traditional BBQ in the Botanical Garden.
- The next Plant Biology seminar takes place on the 2nd June [27.05.2016] Christophe Roux (Laboratoire de Recherche en Sciences Végétales, University of Toulouse) will give a talk entitled "Dot after dot, a pointillist painting of the symbiotic life of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi through gene expression"
- New Graduate Programme [25.05.2016] The Fribourg Graduate School of Life Sciences (FGLS) is an interdisciplinary graduate school, which offers a coordinated doctoral program in life sciences at the University of Fribourg.