- Management and coordination of the Rectorate's business;
- Supporting the Rector in the fulfilment of their duties;
- Contact person for numerous internal and external units;
- Fulfilment of a wide range of staff duties;
- Responsibility for equal opportunities, legal matters and quality management.
The General Secretariat comprises various sections which provide services to all areas of the University.
Support for the Rectorate and the Faculties in reaching their equality, diversity and inclusion objectives.
Legal advice and support for the Rectorate, Faculties and other University units as well as Central Services.
Development and coordination of quality management at Fribourg University and support for the University’s units in the area of quality assurance.
The Secretariat supports the Rectorate and the Secretary General in all administrative matters, in particular, and is responsible for organising events such as the Dies Academicus.