I obtained my Diploma in Mathematics from Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (CH) in 2001 and completed my PhD in Operations research in the same school in 2004 under the supervision of Prof. Dominique de Werra. I then obtained a one year grant from the Swiss National Science Foundation to pursue my research as a postdoctoral fellow at the Group for Research and Decision Support in Montreal (CA), where my stay was extended until the end of 2007. In 2008, I joined the Haute Ecole de Gestion (HEG) in Geneva (CH) as a Lecturer in mathematics, where I also took responsibility for the course and exam timetable planification. Since February 2019, I reduced my rate at HEG to 60%, in order to join the Decision Support & Operations Research Group of the Department of Informatics at the University of Fribourg (CH) as a 40% senior researcher and lecturer.
My main research areas are:
- Mathematical modeling
- Graph theory
- Courses and exams timetabling
A detailed CV can be found here.
- Master Courses
- Graph Theory and Applications (in english), Fall Semester 2021
- N. Baghirova, C. Gonzalez, B. Ries, D. Schindl, Locally checkable problems parameterized by clique-width, submitted
- N. Baghirova, C. Dallard, B. Ries, D. Schindl, Finding k-community structures in special graph classes, submitted
- D. Schindl. Optimal student sectioning on mandatory courses with various sections numbers. Annals of Operations Research, 275(1) :209–221, 2019
- D. Schindl and N. Zufferey. Solution methods for fuel supply of trains. INFOR : Information Systems and Operational Research, 51(1) :23–30, 2013
- P. Hansen, A. Hertz, R. Kilani, O. Marcotte, and D. Schindl. Average distance and maximum induced forest. Journal of Graph Theory, 60(1) :31–54, 2009
- P. Hansen, M. Labbé, and D. Schindl. Set covering and packing formulations of graph coloring : Algorithms and first polyhedral results. Discrete Optimization, 6(2) :135 – 147, 2009