Dr. Nishu Gupta
Dr. Nishu Gupta is a Senior Member, IEEE. Currently he is holding a position of Research Associate, in the Smart Living Lab, a joint project of The Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne (EPFL), School of Engineering and Architecture of Fribourg (HEIA-FR), and University of Fribourg (UniFR) in the Digitalization and Information Systems Research Group, Department of Informatics, University of Fribourg, Switzerland. Recently, he completed his Postdoctoral Fellowship (ERCIM Alain Bensoussan Fellowship) in the Smart Wireless Systems Group, Department of Electronic Systems, Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering, at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) in Gjøvik, Norway and continues to serve there as a visiting researcher. Prior to this position, he was a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Information Technology, Faculty of Computing and Information Technology, King Abdulaziz University in Rabigh, Saudi Arabia. He is also a visiting researcher at the University of Oviedo, Gijón, Spain under the research group on Systems for Multimedia and the Internet of Things (SMIOT). He served as a Member, Zero Trust Architecture working group of MeitY-C-DAC-STQC project under ‘e-Governance Standards and Guidelines’, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India. Recently, he won the Electronics, MDPI 2022 Travel Award.
Before his current fellowship program, he has served as an Assistant Professor in the Electronics and Communication Engineering department at College of Engineering and Technology, SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Kattankulathur, Tamil Nadu, India (Accredited by ABET, IET; QS Rating 4 Star; NIRF 34; NAAC 'A++').
Dr. Nishu Gupta received his Ph.D. degree in 2016 from the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, MNNIT Allahabad, Prayagraj, India which is an Institute of National Importance as declared by the Government of India. He is specialized in the field of Computer Communication and Networking. His major work is in the area of IoT based enhanced safety applications in vehicular communication. He received his Master’s degree (M.Tech.) from Delhi Technological University, Delhi, India (formerly Delhi College of Engineering) and Bachelor’s degree (B.Tech.) from BBDNITM Lucknow, affiliated to U.P. Technical University, Lucknow, India.
His research interest includes Cognitive Radio Networks, Vehicular Communication, Driving Behaviour Analysis, Autonomous Vehicles, Driving Efficiency, Traffic Pattern Prediction, Intelligent Transportation, Smart Cities, Security in Sensor Networks and Internet of Things, Internet of Vehicles, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Human-Machine Interaction.
- Book by Rakesh Nayak, Nishu Gupta entitled “Python for Engineers and Scientists: Concepts and Applications” published by CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, 2023, eBook ISBN: 978-1-003-21912-5, doi: https://doi.org/10.1201/9781003219125.
- Book (edited) by Nishu Gupta, et al., entitled “Human Machine Interaction and IoT Applications for a Smarter World” published by CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, 2022, eBook ISBN: 978-1-003-26879-6, doi: https://doi.org/10.1201/9781003268796.
- Book (edited) by Nishu Gupta, Arun Prakash, Rajeev Tripathi entitled “Internet of Vehicles and its Applications in Autonomous Driving” published by Springer in the series “Unmanned System Technologies”, 2021, ISBN: 978-3-030-46334-2, doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-46335-9.
- Book (edited) by Nishu Gupta, Sara Paiva entitled “IoT and ICT in Healthcare Applications” published by EAI/Springer under the series “Innovations in Communications and Computing”, 2020, ISBN: 978-3-030-42933-1, doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-42934-8.
- Book (edited) by Nishu Gupta, Joel J.P.C. Rodrigues, Justin Dauwels entitled “Augmented Intelligence Towards Smart Vehicular Applications” published by CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, 2020, ISBN: 978-0-367-43546-2, doi: https://doi.org/10.1201/9781003006817.
Selected Research Publications
- Luy Nguyen Tan, Nishu Gupta*, Mohammad Derawi “H∞ Control for Oscillator Systems with Event-Triggering Signal Transmission of Internet of Things” published in IEEE Access, pp. 8938-8949, vol. 11. 2023, ISSN: 2169-3536, IF: 3.367. doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2023.3239665.
- Laura Pozueco, Nishu Gupta, Xabiel G. Pañeda, Víctor Corcoba, David Melendi, Roberto García and Abel Rionda, “Data Analytics to Support a Smart Fleet Management Strategy” published in IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, pp. 2-13, October 2022, ISSN: 1941-1197, IF: 5.293, doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/MITS.2022.3208316.
- Mohammed Bouzidi, Nishu Gupta, Faouzi Alaya Cheikh, Andrii Shalaginov, and Mohammad Derawi, “A Novel Architectural Framework on IoT Ecosystem, Security Aspects and Mechanisms: A Comprehensive Survey”, published in IEEE Access, pp. 101362-101384, vol. 10, 2022, ISSN: 2169-3536, IF: 3.367. doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2022.3207472.
- Surjeet, Nishu Gupta*, et al., “A Survey on Deep Reinforcement Learning Architectures, Applications and Emerging Trends” published in IET Communications, pp. 1–16, 2022, ISSN: 1751-8636, IF: 1.542. https://org/10.1049/cmu2.12447.
- Laura Pozueco, Nishu Gupta, Xabiel G. Pañeda, Roberto García, Alejandro G. Tuero, David Melendi, Abel Rionda and Víctor Corcoba, “Analysis of Driving Patterns and On-board Feedback based Training for Proactive Road Safety Monitoring” published in IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems, vol. 50, no. 6, pp. 529-537, 2020, ISSN: 2168-2305, IF: 3.374. doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/THMS.2020.3027525.
- Pal, Nishu Gupta, A. Prakash, R. Tripathi, Joel J.P.C. Rodrigues, “Deep Reinforcement Learning based Optimal Channel Selection for Cognitive Radio Vehicular Ad-hoc Network” published in IET Communications, vol. 14, issue 19, 2020, pp. 3464-3471. ISSN: 1751-8636, IF: 1.664. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1049/iet-com.2020.0451.
- Surjeet, P. Bhardwaj, Raghavendra Pal, Nishu Gupta* “An Intelligent Scheme for Slot Reservation in Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks”, published in China Communications, Vol. 18, No. 7, 2021, pp. 223-235. ISSN: 1673-5447. IF: 2.024. http://www.cic-chinacommunications.cn/EN/Y2021/V18/I7/223.
A complete list of publications can be accessed at Google Scholar Link
More details can be accessed here