- Each instruction, respectively each module (set of two semester courses) is sanctioned by a marked assessment.
- The choice of assessments is the following: oral or written exam as well as seminar papers and exercises.
- The responsible person for the course decides how the course will be assessed. This decision will be communicated to students at the beginning of the academic year. In the case of no indication in the regulations, respectively of the responsible teacher, the courses are sanctioned by a written examination.
- Assessments can be repeated only once within the deadlines set by the regulations.
- For the award of three ECTS written examinations have duration of 60 to 90 minutes, oral examinations lasting 15 minutes. The current course in question is the subject of the examination.
- Without registration by the deadline, no examination can be passed in the assessment period. Please observe the registration deadline.
- The non-payment of registration fee does not cancel the examination registration.
- After the registration deadline, it is possible to withdraw from one or more examinations until the last working day at noon (12:00 pm) preceding the examination. If the withdrawal is made after the deadline, the registration fee still has to be paid.
- During the registration period, you can change your registration for examinations at any time. Do not wait until the last moment.
Application Procedure for recognition of examinations
Students must contact their home university to collect the necessary transcripts (with marking scale) for recognition of their examinations.
2. Course description
Students must also collect descriptions of each course in their home university (content and hours / weeks / ECTS).
3. Application form
Students should mention on the appropriate form (available on the Faculty website HERE or at the Dean’s office) courses taken at the home university that they consider equivalent to those provided in Fribourg . NOTE: No courses that have already counted once for a diploma will be recognised!
4. Application for Recognition
Students must send a written request for recognition to the Admissions Delegate stating their position and attaching the application form duly completed. The various documents required above shall constitute the students application file for recognition. Students will send it by post mail (Chantal Achermann Kaiser, Dean’s Office SES, Pérolles 90, 1700 Fribourg) or deposit it to the Dean’s Office SES.
5. Recognition of examinations
Recognition is processed and approved by the Admissions Delegate and is transmitted to the student. (Form (PDF)