Palgrave Macmillan - The Publishing House
Palgrave publishes award-winning research which changes the world across the humanities, social sciences and business for academics, professionals and librarians. The publishing house offers authors and readers the very best in academic content whilst also supporting the community with innovative new formats and tools.
With offices in London, New York and Shanghai, and sales teams across 50 countries, Palgrave has a global reach and is, as part of Springer Nature, proud to uphold an unbroken tradition of over 170 years of academic publishing.
Federalism and Internal Conflict - The New Series
This series engages in the discussions on federalism as a tool of internal conflict resolution. Building on a growing body of literature on the use of federalism and territorial autonomy to solve ethnic, cultural, linguistic and identity conflicts, both in the West and in non-Western countries, this global series assesses to what extent different forms of federalism and territorial autonomy are being used as tools of conflict resolution and how successful these approaches are.
We welcome proposals on theoretical debates, single case studies and short comparative pieces covering topics including but not limited to:
- Federalism and peace-making in contemporary intra-state conflicts
- The link between federalism and democratization in countries facing intra-state conflict
- Secessionism, separatism, self-determination and power-sharing
- Inter-group violende and the potential of federalism to transform conflicts
- Successes and Failures of federalism and other forms of territorial autonomy in post-conflict countries
- Federalism, decentralisation and resource conflicts