Welcome to the homepage of the Geography Unit, Fribourg University (Switzerland). Part of the Department of Geosciences, Geography has belonged to the Faculty of Sciences since its foundation in 1896. For one hundred years directed by a single professor, it has grown in size in particular during the 1970s and obtained its present structure in 1996.
Since that time, human and physical geography have been treated in a balanced way with 2 professors each, linked and supported by a small but vigorous group of geomatics.
The Unit excels in a number of research fields in physical geography, and human geography, and geographic information systems and numerical space analysis (for details see the research groups’ sites)
- Dr. Matthias Huss sur la RTS : émission "Le court du jour" H2O LA LA : Une Suisse sans glace (Suisse) [08.04.2014] Personne ne pourrait imaginer la Suisse sans ses glaciers! Pourtant, ceux-ci, soumis à l'augmentation générale de la température, ont fondu de 50% durant les 150 dernières années.
- New publication: "Irrigation Management Transfer and WUAs' dynamics: evidence from the South-Kazakhstan Province", Andrea Zinzani. [08.04.2014]
- Forum IPCC: Fifth Assessment Reports AR5 on Impact, Adaptation, Vulnerability and Mitigation (WGII , WGIII) 12 Mai 2014, 13:15 - ca. 17:15 in Fribourg [07.04.2014]
- Conférence "Changements climatiques et ressources en eau" Prof. Martin Beniston [02.04.2014] Fribourg, jeudi 8 mai 2014, à 17.00
- New Publication [27.02.2014] THE GIFT OF WATER. Bourdieusian capital exchange and moral entitlements in a neighbourhood of Khartoum. Dr. Sebastian Zug.