Welcome to the homepage of the Geography Unit at Fribourg University! We are a small and dynamic team of Physical and Human Geographers situated within the Department of Geosciences.The Unit hosts research labs in Political Ecology, Environmental History, Alpine Cryosphere and Geomorphology, Climate Change Impact and Adaptation and Geomatics. Beyond excellence in research in these fields, the Unit’s strong point is its integrative approach to the interface of Human and Physical Geography, thus producing novel and innovative insights through collaboration and exchange in both research and teaching.
The Geography Unit offers Bachelor and Master programmes. The Bachelor programme consists in a wide range of thematic and methodological courses in both Human and Physical Geography which aim at solid knowledge and skills in the field.The Master programme combines an integrative approach to natural and social sciences with a specialization in either Dynamics in Glaciology and Geomorphology (Physical Geography) or Nature, Society and Politics (Human Geography).
- Central Asia Excursion [06.10.2016] Info session on 18 October 2016, at 10:15am, in room 2.225
- The Participatory Approach for the Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals - Opportunities and Limits [26.09.2016] Monday, 17 October 2016 - 17:00-18:30 Department of Geosciences, University of Fribourg Room PER 14 0.026 (Chemin du Musée, Fribourg)
- GEOSCIENCES COLLOQUIUM 2016 [14.09.2016] complete program
- «Worldwide glacier monitoring system» [31.08.2016] by Prof. Martin Hoelzle
- Master Info Day [18.03.2016] Thursday, 7th April 2016, Dokpe Building on the 2nd floor, Chemin du Musée 4, Fribourg
- «Climate change monitoring inthe developing world» by Prof. Martin Hoelzle [28.01.2016]