Welcome to the homepage of the Geography Unit, Fribourg University (Switzerland). Part of the Department of Geosciences, Geography has belonged to the Faculty of Sciences since its foundation in 1896. For one hundred years directed by a single professor, it has grown in size in particular during the 1970s and obtained its present structure in 1996.
Since that time, human and physical geography have been treated in a balanced way with 2 professors each, linked and supported by a small but vigorous group of geomatics.
The Unit excels in a number of research fields in physical geography, and human geography, and geographic information systems and numerical space analysis (for details see the research groups’ sites)
- GEOGRAPHIE - CAMP INTEGRATIF - SP2014 [11.11.2013] Bienne, du 5 au 9 mai 2014
- Visiting our Public Communication Page [11.11.2013] You can find related videos about our research in Human and Physical Geography
- Namibia Excursion [11.11.2013] Tuesday, 26th November 2013, 5 p.m, Room 225 Prof. O. Graefe
- TSR - COULEURS LOCALES [11.11.2013] Intervention of Professor Olivier Graefe (07.11.13)
- GG.0475/0479 Seminar in Human Geography II & III [29.10.2013] Wednesday 10:15-12:00, room 225
- OPEN POSITION [30.09.2013] Senior lecturer position (40%) Geography Unit University of Fribourg
- GG.0253 TP Introduction into Cryosphere [23.09.2013] Tuesday 08:15-10:00 - Auditory 0.26
- GG.0254 Introduction into Cryosphere TP [23.09.2013] Tuesday 10:00-12:00 - Auditory 225/226/236
- Geocolloques 2013 - All tuesday [23.09.2013] Earth Sciences Institut - Auditory 1.309
- GG.0478 Seminar in Human Geography [23.09.2013] Wednesday 08:15-10:00 - Geography building - Room 225
- GG.0316 Einführung in die Geophysik [13.09.2013] Donnerstag 8:15-10:00 - salle 026